24 April 2010

Home Feels Further Away Than Ever Before...

Someone asked me today if I was happy I was nearing the end of this program. I quickly answered yes. He then asked if I would do it again. I quickly shook my head "No." Then thought for a second, and said "Maybe, after some time has passed."

Don't get me wrong, the year has been great! I've had more sincerely incredible experiences that I'd ever expected to have in a life time. But too many incredible things, packed into eight months, and self-reflexive examination on top of it absolutely takes the life out of a person.

I've slept in at least 19 different beds in the last 4 months because of my travels. From the piles of poop in India to the constant caffeine boosts in Turkey, my body is tired and more than ready to get to that 20th bed, the first one in a long time that will make me remember what home feels like.

8 days, not like anyone's counting...
B(ee)

2 comments: